One of the biggest achievements this year for The Burdekin Association has been the renewed accreditation of our services through the Australian Services Excellence Standards, a process which takes place every three years. All NSW Specialist Homelessness Service providers are required to be accredited as of June 30, 2024.
Specialist Homelessness Services
We were one of the first Specialist Homelessness Service providers to achieve accreditation in 2020 and have since achieved re-accreditation in 2023 with an enhanced rating compared to the previous occasion.
Our staff did an amazing job implementing the recommendations from the last accreditation and through continuously improving our processes and procedures.
Of the 25 ASES categories, 100 per cent were achieved.
The growth and development of Burdekin has been substantial and the systems and culture of the organisation has continued to evolve over that time. This growth and development are reflected in an excellent result in our accreditation assessment.
Many of the improvements that were suggested by the Assessor consolidate the work that we have undertaken already and will help refine our systems, so as to sustain our current services and provide succession planning across all levels of Burdekin.
Strengths of Burdekin
The strengths of Burdekin that were highlighted in the ASES Assessment Report, include:
- Our vision and values are consistent across all levels
- We have a committed and stable Board, with an excellent skills mix
- We have a strong Leadership Group, with clear roles and good collaboration
- We have a culture of respect and belonging
- There is recognition and valuing of staff
- Organisational values are embedded in our HR systems and practice
- Burdekin is a respected and trusted provider by clients, stakeholders and communities
- Burdekin is agile and flexible to meet young people’s needs
- Burdekin is committed to evaluation, standards and best-practice models, research and evidence-based practice to achieve positive client outcomes
- We provide flexible work practices for staff
- We are committed to intersectoral collaboration
To achieve this accreditation rating, The Burdekin Association needed a great team of people, and we have an amazing cohort of dedicated, creative, friendly, kind and like-minded individuals. Congratulations Team Burdekin!