Youth Worker - Sydney - Part Time
An exciting opportunity to work with The Burdekin Association to engage and support young people across a range of new and exciting youth housing initiatives in the Inner West!
The Burdekin Association (www.burdekin.org.au) is a community-based not-for-profit organisation. We aim to prevent youth homelessness and family breakdown by providing a range of innovative accommodation, care and support services to young people aged between 9 and 24 and their families on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and Inner West suburbs.
We are currently seeking Permanent Part-Time Youth Workers to meaningfully engage with and support young people. This role would see you working in our homes for children living in out of home care, these homes are situated across the Inner West. You will be contributing to young person's day to day care, actively participating in program activities, and supporting the young person's case plan.
- Engage with young people in a range of activities to assist them to develop their skills
- Provide person-centred support to young people
- Support, supervise, organise and participate in activities with young people within and outside of the home
- Work with young people and case managers in developing young people’s independent living skills
- Participate (where appropriate) together with the case manager in the development of case plans with the young people to promote life skills, engagement in social activities and addressing any additional needs (i.e. mental health, behavioural)
- Work sensitively, professionally and with confidentiality when engaging with young people, carers, family and other support networks
What We Offer
- Must have a relevant qualification, at minimum Certificate IV in Community Services, Youth Work or equivalent
- It is essential that you have a minimum of 1 year’s industry experience
- Current Working with Children Check and Police Check; or willingness to complete these checks
- Full Australian Driving Licence
*The Burdekin Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Applications are encouraged from people with culturally & linguistically diverse and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island indigenous backgrounds.
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have a Residential Youth Worker?
- The opportunity to build a career with a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to making a difference
- Induction program when you commence
- Positive team culture: staff podcast, staff newsletter, staff lunches, games & trivia nights and more!
- Salary Packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program – independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members