Community Engagement Case Manager
The Burdekin Association Inc. (www.burdekin.org.au) is a community-based not-for-profit organisation. We aim to prevent youth homelessness and family breakdown by providing a range of innovative accommodation, care and support services to young people and families on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and Inner West suburbs.
You will assist with the coordination and development of the operations and administration of the Avalon Youth Hub, engaging with young people, parents, schools and the Steering Committee, Services Partners and other stakeholders of the Hub. This Case Manager role also includes a caseload of young people across our Youth Services suite of programs. The role ensures the provision of quality support to young people and their families. They provide and/or facilitate the provision of referral, assessment, general support, community placement, supported accommodation, outreach and aftercare services.
- Minimum Diploma qualification in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology or related fields.
- At least two years case management experience.
- Knowledge, skills and experience working with young people and their families in a respectful and caring manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Available to participate in an on-call roster
- Able to provide a cleared National Police Check & Working with Children Check (paid work clearance)
- Current driver’s license and a comprehensively insured vehicle
- Eligible to work in Australia
We are looking for a Case Manager superstar to meaningfully engage with young people in the Northern Beaches community!
SCHADS Industry Award Level 4 + salary packaging + super
What we offer
- The opportunity to build a career with a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to making a difference
- Training, development, and succession planning opportunities
- Positive team culture: staff podcast, staff newsletter, staff lunches, games & trivia nights and more!
- Salary packaging options include up to $16K p/a salary sacrifice, Meal and Entertainment card (up to $2,300 p/a), novated lease for motor vehicles
- Phone and Laptop Provided
- Employee Assistance Program – independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
The Burdekin Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Applications are encouraged from people with culturally & linguistically diverse and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island indigenous backgrounds.