Case Manager - OOHC SIL
We are looking for a 3 month contracted Case Manager with the opportunity to go full time!
You will have a passion for Youth Services, experience with Trauma & Complex Behaviours and bring empathy and kindness to your role!
The Burdekin Association Inc. (www.burdekin.org.au) is a community-based not-for-profit organisation. We aim to prevent youth homelessness and family breakdown by providing a range of innovative accommodation, care and support services to young people and families on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and Inner West suburbs.
We are seeking a dynamic Case Manager to work with young people aged 12-24 years of age who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the Inner West Suburbs.
You will be reporting to OOHC Manager and working alongside a team of Case Managers, Supportive Specialists and Youth Workers to provide person-centered case management to young people who come to our service, to ensure that the young person’s day-to-day needs are met, encourage and support active participation in education & program activities, and facilitate development of the young person’s personal & living skills.
What we offer
- The opportunity to build a career with a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to making a difference
- Training, development, and succession planning opportunities
- Positive team culture: staff podcast, staff newsletter, staff lunches, games & trivia nights and more!
- Salary packaging options include up to $16K p/a salary sacrifice, Meal and Entertainment card (up to $2,300 p/a), novated lease for motor vehicles
- Phone and Laptop Provided
- Employee Assistance Program – independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Minimum Diploma qualification in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology or related fields.
- At least two years case management experience.
- Knowledge, skills and experience working with young people and their families in a respectful and caring manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Available to participate in an on-call roster
- Able to provide a cleared National Police Check & Working with Children Check (paid work clearance)
- Current driver’s license and a comprehensively insured vehicle
- Eligible to work in Australia
- Experience in OOHC programs
- Experience working with complex and challenging young people and young people at risk of homelessness
The Burdekin Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Applications are encouraged from people with culturally & linguistically diverse and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island indigenous backgrounds.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- How many years' experience do you have as a case manager?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?